The focus and commitment of John Holland Indigenous Engagement Strategy and RAP is to deliver long term, beneficial and reciprocal partnerships on a sustainable basis with Indigenous people, businesses and their communities.
Our commitment is to increase training, employment and supplier opportunities for Indigenous people and to enrich the broader John Holland employee base through building inclusion, understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture and heritage.
Some of our key initiatives include:
- Celebration of Significant Days
- Cultural Training
- Site Visits for local Indigenous school students supporting events such as ‘Career Aspiration Day’ in conjunction with local Indigenous Organisations and schools to inspire Indigenous young people to see the possibilities of a career in the construction industry
- Pre-Employment Programs
- Community Engagement
- Indigenous Business Procurement
- Established partnership with Australian Indigenous Engineering Summer School, members of Social Traders, Supply Nation and Diversity Council Australia and their Indigenous Corporate Network.
- Indigenous intern programs with CareerTrackers