The Supply Chain Analyst will be part of the End-to-End Supply Chain team consisting of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Co-Packing, Master Data and Analytics.
In this role, the Supply Chain Analyst will use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance the supply chain processes. The tasks will include supporting the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process and supply planning activities, improving forecasting techniques, developing analysis tools and data assembly. The Supply Chain Analyst will cooperate with cross-functional teams to implement optimization projects, reduce costs, improve product availability and customer service levels.
The successful candidate will be trained across the End-to-End Supply Chain during a 1-year program.
What You Will Do
- Prepare daily stock report.
- Prepare daily service level analysis, root causes of order cuts and define mitigation actions.
- Risk management to avoid stock outs and customer order cuts, proactively manage demand volatility.
Proactively manage supply constraints to minimize the total business impact. Should identify and trigger implementation of long-term solutions to avoid a reoccurrence of any given supply constraint.
- Support with supplier Purchase Order (PO) management.
- Support the translation of demand forecast into supply signal.
- Accountability for local Supply Chain dashboards and KPI’s related to customer and supplier performance.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Logistics, and customers to optimize customer service levels / fill rates (UFR / OTIF), order management process, reduce distribution costs, costs of goods and non-standard costs.
- Report and reduce slow moving and obsolete inventory (SLOB). Closely follow up with commercial team on SLOB liquidation actions.
- Determine stock holding policy (safety stock etc.) and monitor adherence for given portfolio.
- Support demand planning activities.
- Act as Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) champion - ensure weekly tasks are taken care by cross-functional teams, develop and execute improvement and maturity actions.
- Develop analytics to compare customer level demand forecast and planned events versus actuals. Identify top offenders and why actuals deviate from forecast projection. Analyze return on investment and assumptions taken to generate learnings to improve forecast accuracy.
- Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data.
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvement.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Master (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Economics, Operations, or related field.
- First job experiences or internships desirable.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes preferred.
- Experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Analytical mind with business acumen.
- Ability to evaluate large amounts of information leading to sound conclusions for effective decision making.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Great communication skills.
- Outstanding Excel skills.
- Great organizational ability.
- Experience in SAP. APO, SNP a plus.
- Strong learning agility.
- Team player.
- Willingness for personal and professional development.
- Fluent level of written and spoken English.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Economics, Management
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:4th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm