Understanding, mitigating and managing risk is at the forefront of how we do business, and critical to our current and future success. Risk managers help manage our financial reputations and regulatory performance, while working across the business to shape decisions, influence models and interface with regulators.
The summer program starts with a five-day orientation and training session.
Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, our products and the intellectual property that serve our clients. You’ll gain technical and practical knowledge and the inspiration and insight you need for success.
Market Risk works in partnership with the CIB trading businesses. The team tracks market events, performs portfolio analysis and provides risk advisory for multiple asset classes including FX, Rates, Equities, Credit, Securitized Products, and Commodities retained by the firm. Market Risk engages in discussions with all levels of management on the firm’s risk appetite ahead of and during major market events.
Once on the desk, depending on your group, your responsibilities as a Summer Analyst may include - performing analysis/due diligence on a counterparty/product, monitoring risk sensitivities across individual counterparties and the portfolio as a whole, building financial models, contributing to analytical exercises in response to global events, preparing reports to outline recommendations to management and assisting in evaluating market moves that could cause losses to the firm.
What You Will Do
You’ll have the chance to:
- Learn about risk at a premier global investment bank.
- Understand the role of integrity and transparency in dealing with regulators, clients and business partners.
- Work collaboratively across the entire organization to find and solve problems before they grow.
- Come up with innovative ways to solve challenges and answer queries.
- Work on complex problems that require creative solutions.
- Manage relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders to minimize risks and follow laws in various locations.
The program is an opportunity to take your career to the next level through hands-on experience, relevant skills training and valuable professional networking.
Based on your individual performance and achievements, you may receive an offer of full-time employment upon completion of the internship program.
Required Skills and Abilities
If you’re highly motivated and enjoy working in teams to come up with smart solutions, this is the role for you.
Key skills include:
- Quantitative, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- We are a global company whose primary business language is English and so fluency in English is required.
- Currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 – July 2023.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2021, 6:00 pm