Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group. We focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients from around the world, taking into account what truly matters to them – in their business and personal life, today and for future generations.
Join Julius Baer and make a difference.
Are you in the process of completing your university education and looking for a great career start? Join our 18-months Graduate Programme as of October 2021 and let’s shape together the future of wealth management and beyond.
Take the opportunity to kick-off your career with a Fixed Graduate Programme Track within Information Technology Singapore and related fields.
The three rotation assignments are fixed in order to gain in-depth expertise and to become a specialist. During the programme you will have the unique opportunity to spend one rotation assignment abroad.
You could benefit from the following rotations: Application Management & Delivery in Singapore, Platform Engineering in Zurich, Switzerland, IT Architecture in Singapore
As a software engineer with Application Management and Delivery team, you will be exposed and learn the business of private banking and the latest technologies. You could also be part of the bank’s DevOps transformation journey.
Our programme will provide you with a first-hand experience in various areas such as Application Development, Architecture, and Platform Engineering Furthermore, the programme includes training sessions focusing on technical and social competencies.
What You Will Do
Application Management consists of multiple teams of software engineers, testers, project managers and business analysts that are responsible for managing successful deliveries of business/technical projects and maintenance of all applications under IT APAC.
This role is for either application development teams or DevOps team.
- This role requires you to work closely with project managers, business analysts, testers and IT Ops to deliver end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems.
- Understand business / system requirements and translate them into engineering solutions that are scalable, stable and fit for purpose.
- Development and delivery with Java, Spring Boot, React, EJB, Oracle, MySQL and IBM MQ.
- Ensure adherence to the bank standards (including code quality, security and performance).
- Passionate about technologies and building robust and scalable Java systems.
- Work collaboratively with team to achieve goals in both Agile and Waterfall.
- Follow best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and continuous Integration (CI).
- Investigate and resolve production issues to help maintain a stable production environment.
- You could be potentially part of DevOps team that drives DevOps transformation and improve application development platform such as CI/CD pipeline, align strategies with the counterpart in Switzerland.
- You will develop the skills and acumen to take your career in any direction and make a genuine contribution to our businesses.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program, and in the graduating class for a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Demonstrated application development experience from internship, especially in financial firms is not mandatory but preferred.
- One or more years of experience with Core Java 8+ and JUnit.
- Strong computer science knowledge (algorithms, data structures, object-oriented design).
- Relational Database concepts, SQL, joins, index, triggers etc.
- Able to write/understand complex SQL queries.
- Familiar with build tool such as Maven or Gradle.
- Basic Linux shell scripting commands and experience in SQL queries optimization.
- Basic understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment.
- Familiarity with Intellij, Git, Jenkins, and Git Flow branching model.
- Enthusiastic, capable and motivated who want to contribute to our businesses from day one.
- Interests in financial services.
- Independent thinker and self-starter.
- Good communication skills. Articulate ideas clearly and adjust the level of details to the audience.
- Eligible for employment authorization in Singapore.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:1st May 2021, 6:00 pm