The commercial planner is playing a key role within the company:
Taking the lead on the category strategic orientation and the full responsibility of the category’s P&L, the commercial planner will have to bring an exceptional growth for the sales volume, the margin and the conversion rate. She / He will be responsible for the decisions she / he makes and will have to monitor her / his performance.
The Commercial Planner will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience thanks to the right assortment, a perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns.
What You Will Do
- Delivering growth on your PnL, leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing orientations, feedback and support to the commercial team.
- Leading the commercial plan, taking an active part in the definition and execution of Jumia’s commercial strategy.
- Ensuring Jumia always has for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place.
- Being within our teams, an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentless missionary of Jumia's strategic commercial orientation.
- Understanding all your markets, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, leading to action oriented recommendations.
- Owning the merchandising of our website, optimizing the placement of our products to deliver on every levels of Jumia's strategy.
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations...), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools, process Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools, process.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Last year of gap year student in top Business or Engineering Schools and Universities.
- A significant experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus).
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Action and results oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to convince partners that you are making the right decisions.
- Fast learner.
- Well organized.
- Resistant to stress.
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further expectations.
- Job Type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Engineering
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:22nd August 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.