The role of the Business Analyst is to provide strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain an in-depth understanding of customer's business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
The Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial, and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Primary responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting project owners on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions that affect team members and providers at the market level.
Ultimately, you’ll help our clients streamline business processes and adopt new technology.
What You Will Do
- Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs.
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on project results.
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, experienced management, Customers, technical staff).
- Participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with peers and other stakeholders; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
- Provide project-level analysis - Producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during the QA process.
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive).
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements.
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies.
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Understand and negotiate the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement, and implementations.
- Assist with and test implementation for all payer and vendor relationships to ensure data transfer collection, quality, and reporting relationships are working appropriately down to the market level to ensure market team member and provider experience is appropriate.
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries, and updates.
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts.
- Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification preferred.
- 6 months to 1-year experience as a Business Analyst or similar role.
- 6 months to 1-year with BI analytic tools like Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- 6 months to 1-year experience with data analytics.
- 6 months to 1-year experience with manipulating data with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Very good research skills.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive and accurate - Attention to detail - Quality is not negotiable.
- Ability to be creative and think laterally.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and time management skills, ability to work across various projects.
- Ability to produce quality documentation.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes.
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Computer Science, Information...
Durban (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm