Lockheed Martin is looking for ambitious and hardworking interns to work on a number of exciting projects at our Center for Innovation and Security Solutions in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi. The internship is currently planned to be in person but may be virtual if the COVID-19 regulations change.
The intern working on the artificial intelligence for aircraft inspection project will utilize machine learning and deep learning techniques to perform aircraft inspections. The intern will report to the manager of the Lockheed Martin Center for Innovation & Security Solutions (CISS) but will also take tasking directions from Lockheed Martin mentors.
The 2022 summer internship is anticipated to take place from June through August.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be enrolled in a University in the UAE (Fourt year students or recently graduated).
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related majors.
- GPA Higher than or equal to 3.0.
- Familiar with modern programming languages such as Python, Java, MATLAB, or C++.
- Familiar with writing and reading scripts on MATLAB.
- Familiarity with database technologies and cloud services.
- Past coursework/self-study in Artificial Intelligence.
- Familiar with the fundamental AI concepts.
- Familiar with Machine Learning concepts.
- Basic object-oriented programing skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience writing software requirements and tests.
- Strong Java/Python/C++/C#, and experience using and developing SDKs, as well as experience using SVN or similar revision management systems.
- Familiar with common design patterns (such as MVC (Model-View-Controller), Observer, Factory, Decorator, SOA (Services Oriented Architecture).
- Familiar with convolutional networks.
- Familiar with working concepts of object detectors.
- Preparing detailed documents in LaTeX.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Software
- Locations:Abu Dhabi (United...
- Closing Date:16th May 2022, 6:00 pm