Lockheed Martin is looking for ambitious and hardworking interns to work on a number of exciting projects at our Center for Innovation and Security Solutions in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi. The internship is currently planned to be in person but may be virtual if the COVID-19 regulations change.
The networks engineering intern will apply networking fundamentals and concepts to design, build, and integrate into a customized networking solution. The intern will report to the manager of the Lockheed Martin Center for Innovation & Security Solutions (CISS) but will also take tasking directions from Lockheed Martin mentors.
The 2022 summer internship is anticipated to take place from June through August.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Enrolled in a University in the UAE (Seniors or recently graduated).
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) Networks Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or other related majors.
- GPA Higher than or equal to 3.0.
- Familiar with secure and reliable networks and network management.
- Familiar with the software development life cycle.
- Fourth year, graduate student, or recent graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or any Engineering with computer programming experience.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience writing software requirements and tests.
- Strong Java/Python/C++/C#, and experience using and developing SDKs, as well as experience using SVN or similar revision management systems.
- Familiar with common design patterns (such as MVC (Model-View-Controller), Observer, Factory, Decorator, SOA (Services Oriented Architecture).
- Familiar with Relational DB, SQL, Hibernate.
- Familiar with Web Services, SOAP, JSON, AngularJS, JAX-WS.
- Familiar with ReST, JAX-RS.
- Familiar with Java EE 8 Application Server (Preferably JBOSS EAP, Wildfly, Apache Tomcat).
- Familiar with Messaging such as AMQ, JMS, Rabbit.
- Linux OS/Unix.
- Past coursework/self-study in Artificial Intelligence.
- Preparing detailed documents in LaTeX.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Software,...
- Locations:Abu Dhabi (United...
- Closing Date:16th May 2022, 6:00 pm