The 2022 Internship/ Graduate Trainee Program is open to all students in their final year or graduates.
For interns, this program provides an opportunity for students to experience a part of the LDC Graduate Trainee Program and also be identified as a potential graduate trainee upon graduation.
For graduate trainees, this program consists of job exposure to various functions by learning from leaders within our Freight Platform. This will help fast-track and equip you with professional skillsets valuable to your career development in Freight with us.
What You Will Do
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by her or his supervisor.
Pricing of Freight and Rate Negotiation:
- Communicates with internal traders and vessel owners/brokers to price freight needs; uses FFA and analyzes external price proposals to determine fair market prices.
- Negotiates freight rates and other Charter Party contractual terms under supervision.
- Research information from the freight market through communication with brokers and owners to assist in accurately assessing freight levels and projecting freight levels.
- Provides information on grain and minor bulk flows as well as competitor and supplier activities to the global team as applicable.
Freight Contract Execution:
- Works closely with Freight Operations to stay on top of the itineraries, stow plans, and voyage execution P&Ls. Ensuring all documentary and administrative requirements are completed in timely manner.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and/or to determine the need for changes, consults with the Lead Trader on unusual price strategy, policy and operational issues.
- Adheres to the Corporate and/or Platform Risk, Credit, Compliance, and Ethics guidelines
Required Skills and Abilities
- 0 – 1 years of working experience in Maritime industry.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel Skills, data science and statistics skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, assertiveness and emotional intelligence.
- English (Fluent).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineer/Mathematics/Finance/Economics/Maritime Concentration.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics
- Closing Date:24th May 2022, 6:00 pm