The Graduate Financial Modeller will learn how to build financial models for complex Renewable Energy Projects. As the key skills develop, the Graduate Financial Modeller will support the Commercial team in preparing, building and optimizing financial models. In conjunction with other Commercial Analyst/s this role will manage the modelling process from the Mainstream side as it relates to all project finance, project development, valuation and M&A activities.
The role will provide first-hand exposure to private equity, investment banking and M&A activities and would suit an ambitious candidate keen to establish a strong foundation within financial modelling before progressing to take more responsibility for project financing or M&A work and commercial negotiations.
This is an entry-level, but challenging, position; it will offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization, in a growing market, and in a fast-paced industry.
What You Will Do
- Analysis of cash flows.
- Successfully pass FAST certification (or any relevant financial modelling certification).
- Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models.
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various markets.
- Perform market analysis to support key activities - Project finance and M&A.
- Support other teams in commercial department - Public sector, Bilateral sector, New Markets.
- Support the acquisition, investment, tender, bidding and financial close activities of multi-billion Rand projects.
- Contribute towards commercial negotiations and assumptions included within such models, highlighting potential efficiencies / risk areas on acquisitions, investments, disposals & associated funding activities.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required.
- Clear financial analysis and communication of results.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree holder in Finance, Mathematics or relevant disciplines.
- Ability to learn fast in the working environment.
- Renewable Energy or wider energy industry knowledge is desirable.
- Willingness to learn financial modelling.
- Desire to work with numbers and formulas.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team.
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required.
- Understanding of Financial Statements.
- Ability to analyze qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Ability to audit/sense check a financial model quickly and succinctly to ensure outputs are reasonable in order to make quick, correct commercial decisions.
- Ability to challenge those providing inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards is prepared and presented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expert with MS Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Mathematics
Westerncape (South Africa)
- Closing Date:17th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm