Accurately record and monitor the revenue of the hotel and ensure a proper OPERA front office data recording and finalizing totals for sun general ledger system interface. A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
What You Will Do
- Audit all entries made by night auditor on a daily basis and check that the gross revenue report is accurate and is distributed on time.
- Complete all OPERA systems worksheets including general cashier summary, deposit verifications, over and short report, routing of rebates and miscellaneous vouchers and petty cash recording.
- Ensure that all other charges are posted properly.
- Audit the coding and account numbers of all prior day rebates, miscellaneous charges and paid outs.
- Check that the guest ledger and city ledger totals in OPERA balance with OPERA final report and the general ledger balance. Verify city ledger totals with the receivable clerk.
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of the weekly flash report and send to corporate according to the schedule supplied by the account supervisor.
- At each month end backup all journals for the previous months, close the month and produce the general ledger interface file.
- Properly file and store all job related documents in accordance with the company policy.
- Reconcile the unearned income, health club membership and balance the cash with the general cashier and accounts payable.
- Follow up on the night audit GIG sheet and report findings to the accounting manager.
- Maintain a logbook with night audit for effective communication.
- Advice the department heads on their revenue status and their rebates especially when they are exceeding above norms. Ensure that the rebates and miscellaneous charges have proper backups and authorizations.
- Reconcile sales tax payable on a monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as directed by DOF and/or accounting manager.
- Inform the DOF and the accounting manager of any violations if any on the cashiering system immediately.
- Cover the night audit duty if needed during their absence.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Maintain a close relationship with other department heads.
Safety and Security:
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures:
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others:
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
Required Skills and Abilities
- College Graduate.
- Leadership skills.
- English language.
- Training and willing to help continue the success of the property.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Dubai (United Arab...
- Closing Date:19th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm