The Site Sterilization graduate will be a member of the Quality & Food Safety Team and will work closely with the Site Sterilization Expert in all matters related to thermal processing (sterilization and Pasteurization). The strong collaboration will be required with peers in the Q&FS team but also with Operations, Engineering and Regional Process Development Associates.
The role has a substantial focus on the practical elements of thermal process validation, verification and implementation; conducting trials both at pilot and factory scale. In addition, other activities such as wet production record reviews and reporting of process holds will be required. 30-40% of the time will be spent conducting hands-on work, so the ability to work in a manufacturing environment will be required.
The graduate will build up a knowledge of the fundamentals of thermal processing theory, through attendance of specialist training and learning on the job and coaching from our SSE.
What You Will Do
- RTH record review for positive release.
- Hold of non-conforming RTH products.
- Thermal process validation support.
- Dry & Wet plant CCP validation.
- Q&FS team support.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum requirements: NDIP: Food Technology.
- 1 year plus experience in Food Manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity of food manufacturing equipment and processes for all temperature states (ambient, refrigerated, frozen).
- Awareness of shelf stable food regulations for supplied regions.
- Statistics - Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint for effective communications.
- Comfortable with delivering training sessions.
- Familiarity with microbiology of canned foods.
- Exposure to thermal process validation studies.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Westerncape (South Africa)
- Closing Date:28th May 2022, 6:00 pm