In order to support our team and strengthen the growth of our APAC business, we are looking for a - Graduate Software Engineer.
Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career with the Software Engineering team.
What you can expect:
Every member of the Software Engineering department is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our Darwin platform.
- Delivering our product roadmap.
- Planning for the future.
- Generating enthusiasm and a sense of both technical and product pride.
What is in it for you:
- Comprehensive employee benefits and insurance coverage.
- We strive to make Mercer the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities can thrive.
What You Will Do
We will count on you to:
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about software engineering.
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technical Lead.
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs your team has agreed.
- Ensure you and others continuously improve, by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective.
- Contribute to the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Management.
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduate degree in Computing.
- A good understanding of an object-oriented programming language, Agile development methodologies and continuous delivery.
- Strong technical/programming ability, ideally familiar with Microsoft technologies.
- A desire to learn C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, WCF, MVC, jQuery, TDD.
- Enthusiasm about technology and a passion to learn on the job.
- Honesty about your skills and knowledge.
- The ability to apply problem solving skills to technical issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good logical thinking and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Brownie points for any of the following - An Understanding of TDD; - DevOps; Any contribution to open source projects.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:27th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm