We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payment processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
The Mastercard Intern Program is a comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company.
As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives. Successful candidates will be assigned to a business unit within International Markets for 10 - 12 weeks.
SEA Commercial Payments team supports South East Asia division in growing and scaling SME and B2B payments leveraging our own assets and fintech partner platforms. Our job entails maintaining close collaboration and sharing thought leadership with our partners from Banks, Fintechs, Credit Bureau partners, Payment intermediaries and Governments.
South East Asia market comprises of 6 country managers and spanning across 12 main geographies.
What You Will Do
Specific projects you may be working on - The role is envisaged to provide learning and achievement objectives:
- Gain specific insights into how we approach Small and Micro businesses, how we enable their Bankability by helping them eradicate digital divide and become more approachable by traditional financial institutions; how do we work with partners and help accelerate our partner Banks profitability by embracing specific products and services.
- Work on ad hoc projects specifically linked to capturing incremental payments like ad/cloud/SAAS/Insuretech/gaming payments leveraging key Mastercard assets and fintech partner platforms.
- Gain insight and skills into Commercial Cards P&L so as to formulate new dashboards or reports which may be used for management review.
- Will get an opportunity to work with Account teams and assist them in solution selling and roll-out new business initiative to potential customers across SEA markets.
The role will require ability to work independently, demonstrate thought-leadership, show empathy and interpersonal relationships / influencing skills as there would be an opportunity to independently connect with people from diverse geographical and cultural backgrounds.
Program Dates & Components:
- Impactful assignments that drive business results.
- Networking sessions and leadership speakers' series.
- Volunteer and team building experiences.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Evidence of strong academics, penultimate year of study (graduating by June 2022).
- Project management, problem solving and planning skills with a demonstrated record of successfully managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work on a team and independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience of worked in technology roles in financial institutions is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrate interest in Payments.
- Analytical, problem solver.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm