We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
The Mastercard Intern Program is a comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company.
As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives. Successful candidates will be assigned to a business unit within International Markets for 10 - 12 weeks.
Business Unit - Regional HQ Controllership:
The primary responsibility of the Asia Pacific Controllership Group is to partner with the business units to ensure the integrity of the Company’s internal and external financial reporting.
This is achieved through the following areas:
- Financial Reporting - Preparing/Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting - internal and external.
- Technical Accounting - Providing accounting expertise and advice on various transactions.
- Involvement in Key Accounting Areas - Performing/coordinating with the global accounting service delivery teams on the accounting for Rebates and Incentives and other key accounting areas.
- Internal Controls - Maintaining effective and efficient internal accounting controls and procedures.
- Training and Education - Facilitating accounting education throughout region.
What You Will Do
The role is envisaged to provide learning and achievement objectives:
- Gain insight and skills into Financial Reporting and system tools used for this purpose (e.g., Hyperion, oracle) so as to formulate new dashboards or reports which may be used for review.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects which may span from new process implementation, process improvement, process automation including the use of artificial intelligence, machine learning technologies and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) interfacing with the relevant technology teams.
- Develop exposure to technical accounting areas within Mastercard’s core payments business and services line through involvement in Controllership financial reviews.
The role will require the ability to work independently, strong data analytical skills, thought-leadership, and interpersonal relationships / influencing skills.
- Impactful assignments that drive business results.
- Networking sessions and leadership speakers' series.
- Volunteer and team building experiences.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong interest in developing a career around accounting and controllership.
- Evidence of strong academics, penultimate year of study (graduating by June 2022).
- Analytical, problem solver.
- Ability to work on a team and independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm