MathWorks is looking for a motivated individual to become part of our Corporate Finance and Accounting Team as a summer intern. This individual will be exposed to a variety of processes and projects and will interact with other staff in Accounting, Reporting, Accounts Payable, Tax, and Travel.
What You Will Do
- Learn the Procure to Pay Cycle and assist with the entry and payment of invoices.
- Learn and support the sales and use tax compliance process.
- Prepare reporting to aid in management's review of supplier disbursements.
- Learn the monthly close and reporting process.
- Assist with the review of international operating results.
- Complete the accounting for fixed asset acquisitions and disposals.
- Assist with the comparison and analysis of operating results for peer companies.
- Partner with other Finance team members to present monthly financial results.
- Review travel and expense activity to identify instances of non-compliance, trends in staff behavior and assist in summarizing findings.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Candidates must be pursuing a bachelor's level degree.
- Must be currently enrolled and working toward a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be proficient in computerized environment: MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, etc.
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, and follow-up skills.
- Must be reliable, able to prioritize, and multitask.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Massachusetts (United States...
- Closing Date:21st Dec 2019, 6:00 pm