You'll join our Dubai office as part of McKinsey Digital. This group brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm. You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
What You Will Do
- As a summer intern, you will be a part of a team for 10 weeks trying to solve a challenging task for top management clients with the end-to-end responsibility of dealing with data to draw meaningful insights or to create a high-impact solution transforming the way business is performed.
- You will get a chance to learn from the industry leaders while bringing your fresh and distinctive ideas to the team. You'll have the opportunity to travel, meet people across industries and functions, and learn the culture of a dynamic, agile and strong value-based organization. Working with McKinsey Digital - and our firm as a whole - provides you with the experience of working entrepreneurially as part of a fast-growing and dynamic team within our larger firm.
- You will learn ways to understand what part of data you really need to focus on, clean the messy data and bring it to a state where you can draw reasonable insights from that data. You'll also collaborate and brainstorm with your teammates to come up with analytical solutions to achieve your objective, implement your solution, and then present your findings.
- Additionally, you'll involve yourself completely in understanding the business scenario. You may need to seek more data from both internal and external sources that might help you provide a very high-impact solution and you may need to combine different methodologies to validate your assumptions or to measure performance. You'll work iteratively to improve your solution and support other teams in this process. The team will also provide coaching and support to you in finding the best way to report your outcomes and present your ideas to the non-technical team.
- Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to connect with colleagues, expand your knowledge and skills, all while being yourself and exploring your passion for data and analysis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate, Master's, MBA, or PhD candidate recently graduated or expected to graduate between now and 2020.
- Database management skills and experience with querying languages such as SQL or any other database querying language.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python and R.
- Experience developing predictive models and performing exploratory analysis.
- Ability to deal with unstructured data.
- Knowledge of different statistical techniques and their application.
- Experience with data visualization software or techniques.
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and/or machine learning tools preferred.
- Knowledge of the agile software development process is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions.
- Proven leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Ability to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities.
- Distinctive customer focus and quality mindset.
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building.
- Job type:Internships
Dubai (United Arab...
- Closing Date:21st May 2019, 6:00 pm