Our internship program gives a group of undergraduate students and eligible graduate students first-hand experience with product development at McKinsey. You will participate in an introductory training program, as well as social activities to get to know your office and the Firm. At the end of the summer, you may receive an offer to join us full-time after completion of your degree.
What You Will Do
- You will develop and deliver software products that are high in value, usability, quality and predictability.
- You will have the opportunity to work on challenging tasks in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment. You'll do this in small teams of highly motivated colleagues with various cultural backgrounds.
- As a Software Engineer Intern you will be working as part of an Agile team to develop software components based on assigned tasks and assisting with the deployment and maintenance of the software product. You will be utilizing SDLF best practices and architecture patterns. You will also be creating and maintaining unit and integration tests and participating with team members during technical problem solving sessions and contributing to the product related knowledge as user documentation, technical guides, etc.
- Through this internship experience, we believe you'll walk away with deeper knowledge about how to understand business requirements and translate them into working software with an appreciation of what it takes in terms of time and technical knowledge. You'll develop an understanding of what it's like to work in an Agile setting, including collaboration with other teams such as design and product streams. You will also be utilizing IDEs to write code and automated tests and you'll develop a full understanding of Agile SDLF, Extreme Programming practices and DevOps concepts.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate or Masters Program students in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent program; graduating between December 2018 to May 2020.
- Basic understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Works well both independently and in a group.
- Possesses strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Attentive to detail, well-organized, and able to multitask.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written).
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering
Dubai (United Arab...
- Closing Date:12th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm