You'll work in our Addis Ababa office as part of the New Leaders Programme for the Africa Delivery Hub (ADH).
McKinsey's Africa Delivery Hub helps governments and social-sector institutions to address complex public and social challenges. Our purpose is to drive significant, tangible, and lasting improvements in service delivery to African citizens. We work to support high-performing schools, effective health systems, improved infrastructure, reliable power supplies, efficient food production, increased investment, and economic growth.
The New Leaders Program is a 2 year full time consulting program that develops exceptional young local talent into real leaders. You'll work in teams of typically 3-5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement.
What You Will Do
- You'll collaborate with colleagues and clients to solve their toughest business problems.
- This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management, and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
- In this role you will gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. New Leaders receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or the practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as formal training in your 2- 3 years.
- Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree with an excellent record of academic achievement.
- Fewer than 2 years of continuous work experience in any industry.
- Great potential in leadership, problem solving and entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - Both verbally and in writing in English and the local language.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Closing Date:19th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm