You’ll be based in Seoul, Korea as part of the Global Energy & Materials (GEM) group. This is the firm's largest industry practice and encompasses four industry cells: Basic Materials, Chemicals & Agriculture, Electric Power & Natural Gas and Oil & Gas.
What You Will Do
- You will work with internal and external clients on Global Energy & Materials (GEM) topics, in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area.
- In this role, you will continuously develop your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm. You'll predominantly focus on engagements in oil & gas, electric power/natural gas and chemicals & agriculture. You may work more in one of these industries depending on your experience and/or desire to specialize.
- You will perform end-to-end research to help solve specific business problems. You will work on client projects as a consultant on a workstream in your area of expertise to provide short-term support delivering key insights on content-focused questions. You will also provide content knowledge to consulting teams in your area of expertise, driving analysis to provide unique insights to consulting teams or clients.
- Lastly, you will support the development and maintenance of capabilities (including assets, knowledge, tools, fact packs, case studies, primers) in your area of expertise.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University or master's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of work experience for large organizations in chemicals industry.
- Strong understanding of relevant content area (e.g. industry sector, functional topic).
- Basic understanding of research techniques, information source, and statistical analysis/analytic techniques.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and relevant analytics/statistical packages.
- Track record of producing high quality documents and proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good team player.
- Solid problem-solving capabilities and effective prioritization.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Korean.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:18th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm