Do you have a relevant qualification in journalism, media, communications or languages? Do you have a burning desire to work in the media industry, and do you want to kick off your career at Africa’s largest media company? Then Media24 is the place for you.
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic graduate with great multimedia skills to join our six-month Graduates in Media internship programme.
The position is with Huisgenoot in our Magazines division in Cape Town. If your application is successful, you’ll be required to be a newshound, submerge yourself in digital media and be able to self-manage your learning process and career.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) in Journalism, Media, Communications or languages.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in video editing (Adobe Premier Pro or Final Cut), be able to shoot good-quality video and have visual storytelling skills.
- Knowledge of InDesign is advantageous.
- You need to have good instincts for what makes a good news story, including visual news, as well as proficiency in social media and information gathering.
- We’re looking for a candidate with strong written and verbal language skills in Afrikaans.
- The successful candidate will be able to handle and flourish in the dynamic, ever-changing world of the media.
- They must be adaptable and embrace change.
- They need to be self-assured and able to deal with criticism and the pressure of a busy working environment.
- Good time-management skills and the ability to prioritize would be advantageous.
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Journalism, Media and Advertising
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:19th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm