Ever wanted to work at the country’s biggest news company? Media24 has an internship position in its Joburg offices for one digitally savvy journalist starting in September 2021.
What You Will Do
- Producing stories for Daily Sun.
- Working on social media platforms in various formats.
- Assisting the online team with uploading content when required.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
- Assisting with compiling newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
- Assist the online team with producing/managing digital campaigns.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You have a tertiary qualification in Journalism or relevant programme.
- You love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
- You can write like a dream but are also interested in digital media and can have a full conversation using only emojis.
- You understand things like SLR, GIF, CMS and TL;DNR.
- You’re capable of producing engaging videos that can hold attention for more than 20 seconds.
- Excellent storytelling skills both in words and in video format.
- Good knowledge of WordPress.
- The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle on a story.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
- You are comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone.
- You’re curious about the world and the people who live in it and in touch with what’s going on in the world.
- You’re hungry to learn and grow.
- You are based in Joburg.
Closed 2 months ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm