POP!, the in-house production unit of Media24 TV, is looking for an enthusiastic post-production assistant to support our in-house editors and final mix engineer in preparing projects and fulfilling basic edit duties.
The post-production assistant plays a crucial role at POP! and should be able to handle tight deadlines and work under pressure. Their goal is to minimize the amount of hours the editors need to spend per project and to ensure snags are identified and rectified timeously. They may be responsible, by delegation, for the backup of all footage and delivered projects to the cloud service, as well as formatting of hard drives. The post-production assistant will also be required to fulfill data-wrangling duties on set as needed.
The post-production assistant will be called upon to edit simple projects to completion/final delivery as and when necessary.
What You Will Do
- Syncing of footage and audio of all video projects.
- Creating offline assemblies for editors when required.
- Full edit of simple projects to final delivery.
- Submission of music cue sheets to RECUE.
- Backing up of footage to the cloud.
- Exporting projects on behalf of the editors.
- Insertion of subtitles to existing programs and exporting for broadcast.
- Ensuring hard drives are accurately labelled and stored.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Tertiary qualification in Digital Editing Techniques and Software.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience.
- Previous experience post-production assistance experience.
- Experience with motion graphics - Creation and application.
- Familiar with RECUE.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Proficiency with titles/straps/lower-thirds.
- Strong working knowledge of non-linear editing [NLE] programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut or Da Vinci
- Resolve. However, proficiency with Premiere Pro is preferred.
- Good understanding of narrative and how to tell a story.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and be familiar with basic editing techniques, including audiovisual syncing, offline assemblies and how to apply graphic elements such as title boards and name straps to the cut.
- Some competence with motion graphics will be a significant advantage but is not required.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm