In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research Labs can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
As a summer intern in the Pathology group of SALAR, you will work in a results-driven R&D environment with a fun and highly collaborative team that develops image analysis solutions in the field of digital pathology. The intern will work with pathologists and pathology biologists to develop more quantitative approaches to traditional histopathology endpoints.
Using specific animal models to study disease mechanisms and early therapeutic indications, the summer intern will help develop algorithms to better quantify the histopathology severity scoring process using pathology imaging software; this will result in a high-throughput, semi-automated and quantitative method to measure effects of various treatments in animal models. During the internship, students will gain valuable experience working with the image analysis team within the Pathology group, processing and analyzing digitized pathology whole slide images.
What You Will Do
- Hands-on support of pathology whole slide image analysis tools and technology.
- Working alongside image scientists in the digital pathology group to manage, prepare and analyze pathology whole slide images to support animal model semi-quantitative pathology scores.
- Performing analytics of associating image analysis results with response and survival data.
- Active participation in the testing of pathology image management and analysis systems, tools and technology.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Candidates must currently be enrolled in a minimum of a BS/BA in - Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Toxicology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Chemical/Bio Engineering, Veterinary medicine or related discipline.
- Candidates should have a G.P.A of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates should have experience and knowledge in imaging workflows and digital image analysis.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (12) weeks beginning in June of 2021.
- Candidates should have strong analytical and communication skills.
- Candidates should have demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Candidates should have image analysis and/or deep learning experience.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Pharmacy and Pharmacology
Pennsylvania (United States...
- Closing Date:28th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm