If you’ve ever taken a medicine, received a vaccine or had blood drawn for a lab test, you’ve already benefited from the powerful work of 57,000+ exceptional employees across Covance and LabCorp. By supporting leading pharmaceuticals and 600+ biotech companies through our contract research organization (CRO), Covance employees help improve health, improve lives and bring new medicines to market. Along with our parent company, LabCorp, the world’s leading health care diagnostics company, we offer dynamic career opportunities in more than 97 countries.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the Covance 2020 Global Internship Program as a Clinical Laboratory Science Program Intern in Singapore!
At Covance, we offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. Our interns have the opportunity to showcase their work, allowing them to demonstrate their achievements to Covance management, their supervisor and mentors. Each intern class participates in a group philanthropic project allowing them to see firsthand how Covance is dedicated to its community. In addition, Covance encourages professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
Work in a fun, yet challenging environment. Seize opportunities to grow and progress. Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations. And take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
What You Will Do
Main Work Area:
Overview in microbiology (bacteriology, parasitology, mycology) department activities and its application in clinical trials inclusive of clinical significance, methodology and result interpretation. Intern will be involved in some of the microbiology activities depending on his microbiology knowledge.
What You Will Achieve:
- Intern will be able to learn and understand the various activities in microbiology pertaining to the testing, the performance of the quality controls.
- At the end of the project, you will be able to have presentation / poster for staff CME/Management.
Your Takeaway From This Internship:
- Microbiology testing overview (testing samples, quality controls process).
- Good Laboratory Practice.
- Good Documentation Practice.
- Good pipetting skill.
- Overview of inventory management.
- Scientific writing skills.
- Presentation skills.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Students will gain clinical experience working in the laboratory of a drug development company.
- Perform analytical testing of specimens, interpret and document test results if permitted.
- Perform quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Upkeep of lab equipment, maintain laboratory supplies and good housekeeping.
- Instruction and mentorship will be provided.
- At the end of training, the student will do a presentation to fulfill his/her understanding in the training program across the microbiology department.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Open to current undergraduate with Bachelor of Science degree (Biological Sciences/Biomedical).
- Preferably with laboratory experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Good organization and multitasking ability.
- Good communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Analytical, efficient, problem solver, adaptable, independent but also works well in a team.
- Creative and self-motivated individual who works collaboratively in a high performance team environment.
- Has good hand-eye coordination and physical stamina.
- Student with Year 3 or Year 4 with some basic microbiology module taken.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm