If you’ve ever taken a medicine, received a vaccine or had blood drawn for a lab test, you’ve already benefited from the powerful work of 57,000+ exceptional employees across Covance and LabCorp. By supporting leading pharmaceuticals and 600+ biotech companies through our contract research organization (CRO), Covance employees help improve health, improve lives and bring new medicines to market. Along with our parent company, LabCorp, the world’s leading health care diagnostics company, we offer dynamic career opportunities in more than 97 countries.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2020 Global Internship Program as a Project Management Intern (Resource Management) in Singapore! We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
What You Will Do
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to management, their supervisor and mentors.
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community.
- Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
The Global Project Management team is responsible for the successful delivery of all Central Laboratory service operations of a clinical study. Global Project Management is a liaison between Clinical Representatives and other Covance Central Laboratory Services involved in the clinical study to ensure the successful management of study responsibilities, in compliance with Covance Central Laboratory Services Global Project Management strategy and deliver outstanding customer satisfaction and performance.
What You Will Achieve:
- Understand CCLS’s scope of services provided to pharmaceutical clients and client representatives.
- Understudy the different Project management roles within APAC CCLS and their job responsibilities or scope of work.
- Work closely with other CCLS departments to understand the role they play in clinical studies.
- Identify measurable metrics to track resources, e.g. hours to complete certain tasks etc.
Your Takeaway From This Internship:
- Gain a good understanding of the Global Project Management structure within CCLS as well as gain in-depth knowledge of the Regional Study Coordinator (RSC) job scope.
- Opportunities to develop one’s communication & collaboration skills as you will be working with various stakeholders across the APAC region.
- Develop strong data analytical and project management skills.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Understand the CCLS scope of service to pharmaceutical clients and client representatives.
- Understand the different Project Management roles with CCLS and their scope of work.
- Understand the responsibilities of other CCLS departments involved in the clinical study.
- Understand the factors that will support successful management regional study responsibilities.
- Identifying success factors within those regional study responsibilities and how the associated timeline and effort are calculated.
- Building and implementing a tool(s) to support those calculations and resource management in Asia Pacific.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Penultimate year students with background in Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Engineering, Data or Statistics related areas of studies.
- Someone with prior experience in working on multiple projects at a time, strong multi-tasking ability.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders and colleagues proactively.
- Able to analyze large and complex information and data sets, and make connections to overall business purposes.
- Someone who is not afraid to work hard and has a positive attitude towards learning.
- No prior job experience is needed.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Engineering, Statistics
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm