Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Autonomous Vehicle (AV) is at the forefront the next mobility revolution, and currently Micron and NUS is collaborating to bring these AV to Micron campus. This project is multi-disciplinary, and requires students with Mechanical, Electrical and Computing knowledge to integrate the entire system together. The most-cutting edge technology in AI and Robotics will be implemented in the AV.
The student will be introduced to the architecture of the AV system, such its mechanical actuators, perception sensors and decision-making software. The student will focus on a particular sub-module of the system to improve/introduce. The internship will be hands-on, and the student will gain the experience of developing a real product.
To improve upon the AV system, in areas such as reliability, decision-making, and sensor fusion, to deploy the vehicles as a mobility solution within Micron campus.
What You Will Do
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Autonomous Buggy):
- This internship is part of an ongoing project on implementation of autonomous buggy vehicles by Micron and NUS.
- Iterate, improve and build mechanical/hardware systems of the autonomous vehicles, such as sensor mountings, drive-by-wire system, power transmission and electrical hardware integration.
- Development of control system/logic for smart motor and autonomous driving.
- Solve mechanical engineering problems through evaluation, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- IA students for AY 2021/2022 Sem 1 (Aug - Dec 2021).
- Engineering Students from Mechanical, Electrical or Computing Schools currently still matriculated.
- Familiar with hands-on work in workshops and with mechanical tools.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical CAD software such as SolidWorks / Invento.
- Familiar with mechanical design considerations such as stress, tolerances, material properties and mechanics.
- Ability to work in dynamic and cross-functional “start-up” environment.
- Prior experience in mechanical design and prototyping.
- Familiar with LiDAR, visual, and inertial sensors.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:3rd Jun 2021, 6:00 pm