Stay connected by joining our network! Enter your e-mail and tell us a bit about yourself, and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Enjoy the challenging and fast-paced environment at Micron Technology through an internship focused on driving procurement systems and process improvements. This experience will provide opportunities to collaborate cross-functionally to not only influence within the Procurement team, but also across the entire Micron’s Value Chain.
The Global Procurement (GP) Project Manager Intern will lead cross-functional teams to ensure success of the programs and projects on the GP roadmaps, including stakeholder engagement, alignment and adoption.
You will work closely with Global Procurement specialists and coordination of daily, global, cross-functional, strategic and tactical meetings to ensure alignment across teams on processes, projects, initiatives and metrics. The incumbent will be encouraged to utilize data analysis tools to make data-driven decisions and develop relevant content to support decision making.
It is encouraged that in this role you will lead through influence and drive participation and involvement across the GP organization with minimal direction. As the need arises, you will also coordinate and facilitate global forums, meetings and activities that drive engagement, project progress and change management across the team and partner organizations.
What you will do
- Exposure to formal PMO processes and common change management, process management practices, tools and techniques.
- Opportunity to be exposed to crafting a B2B strategy with key suppliers to meet Micron’s strategic goals.
- Chance to get experience in using modern analytics tools
- Take part in a large-scale multi-year initiative to implement and/or improve electronic data interchange between Micron and key suppliers through B2B networks
- Understand the underlining business processes and value drivers behind B2B projects (direct EDI and Ariba Network) and come up with Key Performance Indexes and Metrics to estimate the Successful implementation and Return of Investment for the projects
- Develop a dashboard / framework that can be used to evaluate the success of a B2B implementation with Suppliers
- The proposed solutions should be scalable, balanced and easily managed by a user with non-IT or programming background.
- Execute project facilitating forums, meetings, off-line work between procurement partners, IT and 3rd party solution provider
- New e-Sourcing solution enables cloud-based strategic sourcing that helps organizations execute faster and achieve better business outcomes.
- The intern will be responsible for collaborating with the partners to identify key metrics and supervise successful deployment of the solution.
- The intern, occasionally, may be required to assist with implementation of the e-Sourcing tool to various procurement teams.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing Degree in Business/ Business Administration/Supply Chain Management or other Related field of study.
- Available to intern for a full semester or more will be a significant advantage.
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or Power BI will be added advantage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written, and technical communication skills and a proven command of the English language.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, Self-motivated and team oriented.
- Ability to translate sophisticated requirements into a solution.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Logistics and...
- Closing Date:6th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm