Stay connected by joining our network! Enter your e-mail and tell us a bit about yourself, and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
We are now looking for an Inbound Supply Management Intern at Micron, where you will work with teams located at the Back End manufacturing locations to perform the inventory management and supplier management at these locations, to ensure continuity of manufacturing operations. In addition, you will develop and drive the teams to implement this strategy while maintaining current day to day operational activities.
We are responsible to adjust orders with suppliers due to scheduling or availability changes. We ensure consistent inventory stocking levels through safety stocks, re-order, lead time maintenance, management of inventory write-offs and enable automation of non-manufacturing resource planning (MRP) driven inventory purchase order (PO) placement. We report metrics with driven root cause and action to facilitate further planning.
What you will do
As part of the Key Material Group (KMG) that strategizes material supply requirements through reviewing and monitoring material deliveries and inventory level to ensure smooth production. We support baseline material changes that are required from Engineering and KMG and build forecasts for smooth implementation of changes.
- Analyse and review weekly production forecast generated by the Planners for priorities and pull-in.
- Maintain database with associations, allocations, consumption and scrap rates to facilitate material forecasting.
- We work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure timely deliveries of required materials.
- Through collaboration with our Assembly counterparts and Purchasing for material transfers between sites, ensure that expiring and excess materials are consumed timely, with zero to minimum scrapping.
- Preparing material buy plan for procurement execution
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying a Degree in Production System, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Postgraduate students are preferred
- Must be familiar with Macros or Python
- Able to commit for at least a 3-month full-time internship, a longer internship period is preferreed
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Closing Date:20th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm