Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible.
We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing. Intern – Capital Ops Supplier Manager
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions.
Are you looking for a unique internship opportunity? Are you a critical thinker with strong interpersonal and analytical skills? Are you passionate about bringing forward new ideas and then transforming those ideas into tangible results?
Enjoy the challenging and fast-paced environment at Micron Technology through an internship focused on driving procurement and supply chain performance metrics and enhancements.
This experience will provide opportunities to collaborate cross-functionally to not only influence within the Procurement team, but also across Micron’s Value Chain. During your time in this internship program you will be exposed to the following learning opportunities along with the chance to work on a few selected business critical projects from the
What you will do
- Tool End of Life (EOL) Management
- Micron Singapore’s state of the art Front End manufacturing fab is home to thousands of critical semiconductor machines which are running around the clock in high-volume operation.
- Every year there will be a significant percentage of these tools that will be issued with end of life notices from suppliers and hence leading to a need to strategize follow up actions for sustaining our supply chain and manufacturing lines.
- This project will need a development of a communication protocol and Tableau/notification reporting channel for multiple internal stakeholder groups to ensure prompt notices and necessary follow-ups from involved teams.
- Cost of Ownership (CoO)
- This project's goal is to fine-tune and optimize our system of tracking and managing operating cost performance of our key manufacturing equipment.
- It is critical to hold suppliers accountable to their running cost commitments and as a part of this project, you will need to help the team drive solutions so that we can:
- Understand lifecycle of a given product and the different stages where we can leverage to maximize cost improvements
- Establish visible year on year cost of ownership glidepath improvements with documented shared accountability on tool performance
- Procurement Supplier Benchmarking and Metrics for Contracts
- One of the vital aspects of the procurement role is to understand the performance of each supplier for specific supply chain and manufacturing metrics.
- We need to have a credible way of visualizing and putting together this information as well as drive suppliers to consistently move towards best in class performance.
- You will need to work together with the team to set up individual scorecards for contracts that suppliers have commitments with Micron and help to drive the tracking and improvement of such metrics.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written, and technical communication skills and a solid command of the English language.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Self-motivated and team oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, SharePoint and Excel
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Economics, Logistics...
- Closing Date:13th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm