Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible.
We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
As a Non-Volatile Engineer (NVE) Product Engineer Intern at Micron, you will be part of a forward-thinking team of engineers that solves complex problems, responsible for enabling Micron’s NAND products with flawless and issue free release to both internal and external non-volatile system customers.
What you will do
- The general responsibilities of the position are the following:
- Improve Probe testing coverage, quality and on NAND products
- Own the probe test flow, review and sign off probe test program release to ensure quality control
- Utilize state-of-art in house engineering equipments to support product characterization and electrical failure analysis
- Develop creative testing algorithms to improve testing efficiency
- Responsible for new product startup and yield improvement
- Support design verification and in-depth circuit of new products using CAD tools and Verilog simulations
- Work with the wafer fab process/integration group to address process-related defects affecting product yield
- Identify design marginalities and recommend design fix for circuit-related problems
- Design novel test algorithms and develop test programs for validating NAND features and commands
- Use high-speed tester hardware to perform validation of new NAND devices
- Analysis of failures generated from the evaluations
- Automation of program development and work processes using scripting
- Product Yield Enhancement
- Identify causes of low yield through systematic analysis
- Work closely with various engineering groups in resolving process/defects related issues
- Perform electrical/physical failure analysis to understand the failure mechanism relating to defects / fab process
- Utilize statistical tools for detailed data analysis on product to drive yield improvement projects
- Develop high quality and cost-efficient MNAND test strategies
- Understand 3D NAND defect mechanisms and MNAND system error recovery features
- Collaborate with test engineering teams to define and secure necessary test fixtures for memory and system testing
- Conduct electrical failure analysis of the MNAND products through different phases of the product life cycling such as qualification, high volume manufacturing and customer returns.
- Extensive usage of data parsing and data analysis for improving yields, test times and quality of the products.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing Firmware for testing of SSDs.
- Build the Manufacturing FW to self-test SSDs during the development phase
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in terms of test coverage through optimization of code.
- Ensure SSD are tested to meet or exceed the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability and performance with an efficient manufacturing firmware.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or later.
- Looking for a semester long internship
- Ability to learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse technical backgrounds and an excellent teammate
- High degree of self initiative and ability to think and act independently
- Understanding of Semiconductor physics, fabrication process, circuits and operations is helpful
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm