Microsoft Aspire Experience is an onboarding experience, designed to equip, develop and empower those who join Microsoft after graduating from undergraduate school, MBA programs, or special job placement programs.
As a company, we look to these bright talented individuals to shape the future of our company, to spark the next waves of disruptive innovations, and most importantly, to help discover new ways to accomplish our mission.
For this reason, our mission is to empower our university hires to achieve more.
What You Will Do
- Observes colleagues and learns how to gather customer/partner insights (e.g., feedback around technical preferences, environments, business needs) and align with solutions.
- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner by learning to identify and share feedback around technical capabilities, gaps, blockers, and insights that relate to the customer/partner with internal teams, using established channels (e.g., UAT/TFT).
- Leverages an existing architecture approach or reference architecture to propose a solution or achieve Microsoft's agreed commitments to the customer/partner.
- Assesses customer/partner needs and gathers information that helps others to identify growth opportunities.
- Solicits input from others to contribute to proposals for viable solutions based on specific technical products.
- Demonstrates basic technical concepts and proves those design solutions capability through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
- Applies foundational technical knowledge of an architecture solution to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints.
- Supports customer/partner projects as needed for specified architecture solutions by investigating a solution area and assisting in research and testing out concepts developed by more senior architects.
Identifies technical blockers (e.g., changing configurations, sample coding) for selected products to accelerate architecture implementations and routes non-technical issues for removal by the appropriate party.
- Applies methodology and governance, as directed, to minimize business and technical risks and adhere to quality assurance while contributing to design and/or delivery of solutions (e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale
- Landing Zone, Cloud Adoption Framework).
- Supports research projects and contributes to scoping surveys for customers/partners to assess potential intellectual property (IP) needs or process changes.
- Works with internal teams and begins building relationships with customer/partner/MCS technical specialists under the guidance and supervision of others.
- Respectfully challenges customers/partners when going in the wrong direction and escalates appropriately.
- Learns Microsoft solutions and demonstrates an understanding of Microsoft's value to customers/partners.
- Provides input to virtual team members (e.g., Account team, enterprise channel managers, partner development manager [PDMs]) when asked, using a basic knowledge of specific Microsoft architectures and other relevant products.
- Actively looks for relevant communities to learn from.
- Participates in external architect community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with the internal team.
- Participates in discussions around architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization that result in production deployment application and increase customer business value.
- Ensures that the customer's environment and applications are well-architected.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field or internship experience involving technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies OR equivalent experience OR Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure).
- Passion for the technology and innovation.
- Seeks opportunities to learn new methods, procedures or techniques.
- Evaluates & builds solutions based on customer perspective.
- Good understanding of the relationship between technology and business.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals.
- Thriving in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead from any role.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer/partner conditions of success.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Locations:Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:22nd Jul 2022, 6:00 pm