The Internship Opportunity is a 6-8 month training program for Omani Nationals. The program targets students in their last semester of their STEM undergrad education and includes Microsoft technical certifications, on-the-job training real life scenario assignments, mentorship, coaching and job shadowing.
The Internship Program consists of three phases and during each, participants will be required to focus on different activities and deliver certain objectives as shown below:
Onboarding And Online Certifications:
- Getting familiar with Microsoft’s organization and being introduced to our Leadership Team.
- Setting up of devices and gaining familiarity with all of our collaboration tools.
- Learning all relevant online content and obtaining certifications on Microsoft’s products.
Technical And Professional Bootcamp:
The main objective of this phase is to equip our interns with important skills they need before starting the third phase of the internship. Interns will gain technical as well as professional skills to ensure they are fully enable when they start their On the Job training.
- Interns will enroll into an intensive Technical bootcamp which will cover Microsoft’s Fundamentals learning paths, to accelerate the process of becoming certified on Microsoft cloud (Azure).
- Professional bootcamp - Interns will join a professional bootcamp to equip them with important professional skills sought after in today’s market. This will include completing certifications on Project management as well as soft-skill courses on business etiquette, professional business writing, interpersonal skills, public speaking and presentational skills.
On The Job Training:
- Interns will be placed in various Microsoft divisions, taking parts in customer engagements, digital transformation journeys and working with Partners to provide solutions catering for customer’s needs.
- Interns will be going an extra step in this final phase to become certified with additional Role Based certifications, as well as attending extra MOOCs (based on the available courses). Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web.
- In addition to traditional course materials, such as filmed lectures, readings, and problem sets, many MOOCs provide interactive courses with user forums or social media discussions to support community interactions among students, professors, and teaching assistants as well as immediate feedback to quick quizzes and assignments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students in their last semester of their Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math Bachelor or Master degree.
- Graduate or undergraduate students.
- Minimum of 3.2 overall GPA.
- Oman National.
- Have excellent verbal and written English and communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science
- Closing Date:29th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm