Microsoft, through its nationalization program, is committed to supporting and accelerating Omani employability through internships, on-the-job trainings, direct hiring and digital skilling program opportunities.
The internship offers a comprehensive six-month training program that offers globally recognized Microsoft technical and professional certifications, and on-the-job training to include mentoring, coaching, job shadowing and real-life scenario assignments.
The nationalization internship targets top Omani students in their last year of University with preference to candidates with a science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) background.
Roles during the On-the-job training phase include but are not limited to:
- Commercial Executive.
- Technical Specialist.
- Sales Specialist.
- Customer Success Manager.
- Customer Engineer.
The 6 months program begins in Jan, 2022 and is divided into two key phases:
Phase One - Onboarding & Skilling Bootcamp:
- Onboarding and introduction to Microsoft’s mission, culture, strategy & structure.
- Technical skilling to obtain globally recognized Microsoft technical certifications.
- Professional and soft skilling courses & internationally recognized certifications in project management, change management, effective interpersonal skills, creativity and innovation, time management, alongside a set of other professional skills required by the job market.
Phase Two - On-the-job Training:
- Joining a specific department in Microsoft for on-the-job shadowing and training. Mentorship and coaching sessions.
- Supporting Microsoft teams in digital transformation projects.
- Advanced technology trainings including AI, Machine Learning & Cloud Computing.
- Participate in Microsoft Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students in their last semester of their Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math Bachelor or Master degree.
- Student or recent graduate within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
- Bachelor or Master degree (with preference to candidates with STEM major).
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Passionate about Technology.
We are looking for Bahraini candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player - Driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset - Your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed - You learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive - You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science
- Closing Date:19th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm