Microsoft's Hardware teams ship tens of millions of hardware products every year, including the Xbox hardware, Surface, HoloLens, and accessories and the Cloud Platforms that power our global datacenters. And better yet? Microsoft's Hardware teams are growing!
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job.
We have internships in a wide range of areas including system integration, precision design, industrial design, user experience, heat transfer, mechanisms, manufacturing, and product testing. Our teams incubate advanced technologies, including new PC form factors, input devices, and hand-held consumer devices, and next generation of cloud infrastructure hardware. We're looking for the best and brightest to join us in designing for the future!
What You Will Do
Mechanical Engineer interns design and manufacture some of the most popular entertainment and PC peripheral devices in the world.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- At least one year of classroom or internship experience in product development preferred.
- Excellent debugging skills and drive to develop innovative hardware.
- Ability to design Mechanical parts using 3D CAD Software and be passionate about concept explorations and technology investigations.
- Ability to understand, contribute to and improve the hardware solutions we develop.
- Ability to drive collaborative efforts effectively across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to think strategically, be creative and innovate ways to communicate and visualize user experiences.
- Results-driven with a strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
Washington (United States...
- Closing Date:3rd Sep 2020, 6:00 pm