Do you want to be at the heart of cloud computing? Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference to the US government and country?
Microsoft Cloud Services are growing incredibly fast. Our vision is to help people do more via cloud accessible services to every enterprise, data scientist, developer, information worker, consumer, and device anywhere in the world. We empower organizations around the globe to utilize Microsoft cloud services to transform their products, services and processes with data and insights. We do more so that our customer can do more.
Program Managers (PMs) are the in-house advocates for millions of people worldwide who predict and research how software is used and work closely with Software Engineers (SWEs) to ensure our products exceed people's expectations.
To be considered for a position for students and recent graduates, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student within 12 months from graduation majoring in an applicable field or graduated within last 12 months majoring in an applicable field.
What You Will Do
Program Managers are typically responsible for specific features in our technology solutions for the full product cycle.
- You work on the initial feature planning and design, manage the specifications and timeline of their development, and monitor their on-going operation to better understand customer experiences.
- You work collaboratively with team mates to ensure our products exceed customer expectations.
- You communicate throughout the process to understand progress towards delivery, technical challenges, and to provide clarity on customer needs using a data driven approach.
- You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
- As a Program Manager, you are dedicated to building software to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing bachelor's, master's, or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Software development experience in Java, C/C++, C#, or Python.
- A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and analysis of algorithm complexity.
- Some experience building software beyond the classroom environment like an internship or related experience for customers strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with managing complex project schedules and nurturing cross-group collaboration.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of computer science fundamentals that affect code implementation and customer experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to create an open and collaborative team culture.
- Demonstrated ability in estimating development time and relevant challenges to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability in feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering
Virginia (United States...
- Closing Date:12th Sep 2020, 6:00 pm