Research Internships at Microsoft provide a dynamic environment for research careers with a network of world-class research labs led by globally-recognized scientists and engineers. Our researchers and engineers pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines to help solve complex challenges in diverse fields, including computing, healthcare, economics, and the environment.
The Computer Vision Group at Microsoft Research, Redmond has openings for research internships in computer vision and machine learning. For over 20 years, our interns have been conducting influential research that is published in top-tier venues such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, PAMI, IJCV, SIGGRAPH/TOG.
We are looking for the next generation of experienced and motivated students to join us in conducting leading research in the topics including, but not limited to:
- Learning from simulation.
- Scene understanding.
- Deep learning for vision, graphics and acoustics.
- Object detection and tracking.
- 3D reconstruction.
- Computational photography.
- Self-supervised representation learning.
- Multimodal learning for video understanding.
Interns put inquiry and theory into practice. Alongside fellow doctoral candidates and some of the world’s best researchers, interns learn, collaborate, and network for life. Interns not only advance their own careers, but they also contribute to exciting research and development strides.
During the 12-week internship, students are paired with mentors and expected to collaborate with other interns and researchers, present findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the community. Research internships are available in all areas of research, and are offered year-round, though they typically begin in the summer.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program with a relevant focus in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related areas.
- Demonstrated ability to develop original research agendas demos of existing system prototypes are a plus.
- Significant experience and strong skills with common deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, pytorch etc.
- Good programing skills - Able to understand and contribute to complex codebases in some language (Python/C++/MATLAB).
- Job type:Internships
Washington (United States...
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm