We are seeking candidates who are passionate about technology and offer diverse perspectives. We don’t just value differences, we seek them out. We invite them in. We are a family of individuals at a truly global company, united by a single mission.
The program is a 12-week summer internship program specifically designed for college upperclassmen (upcoming final year students and recent graduates) and offers the opportunity to work in one of our Microsoft Research Labs worldwide.
You will work with our researchers and extended network of visiting faculty and doctoral students to make important contributions to our ongoing work. One of the program’s goals is to encourage participants to pursue advanced degrees in computing fields. Your on-the-job learning will be augmented with mentoring, community building, and networking opportunities.
What You Will Do
- Interns put inquiry and theory into practice. Alongside fellow doctoral candidates and some of the world’s best researchers, interns learn, collaborate, and network for life. Interns not only advance their own careers, but they also contribute to exciting research and development strides.
- During the 12-week internship, students are paired with mentors and expected to collaborate with other interns and researchers, present findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the community.
- Research internships are available in all areas of research, and are offered year-round, though they typically begin in the summer.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must currently be a student enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program majoring in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, information science or related technical major.
- Students must have significant programming experience, completed courses in Calculus, Probability and Statistics and/or Machine Learning by the start of the program.
- Finalists will be selected on the basis of eligibility and demonstrated interest in academic research. Priority will be given to students who have participated in academic research in the past.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software
Cambridge (United States)
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2018, 6:00 pm