Placement And Duration
The Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week direct placement program that begins in June. Summer Analysts may be placed with a compliance advisory team that is aligned with one of our businesses or a team covering specific compliance areas, such as financial crimes, regulatory relations, trade surveillance, information controls, and global monitoring and testing. Collectively, these teams are integral to the firm’s global compliance risk management program.
What you will do
The Summer Analyst program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced colleagues through a series of networking, social, and charity events.
Responsibilities may vary depending on your role, but may include the following:
- Participating in compliance risk assessments and analysis of the compliance environment and controls for a line of business
- Conducting monitoring and surveillance of transactions, employee activities and communications
- Assisting a business with its launch of new products
- Analyzing regulations, rules and various proposals; drafting and coordinating regulatory updates and compliance bulletins
- Reviewing and drafting policies, procedures, compliance manuals and training materials
- Conducting research, and assisting with, coordinating and responding to various regulatory inquiries and examinations
- Conducting due diligence (such as financial crimes or anti-corruption concerns) reviews of clients during the account opening process
- Attending meetings with internal clients
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are an undergraduate in your penultimate year of study and will graduate between December 2020 and July 2021
- Track record of academic excellence
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports
- Adept at solving problems and developing efficient processes
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Morgan Stanley Hong Kong
The Hong Kong office is Morgan Stanley’s regional headquarters for the Asia Pacific region. Since first operating in Hong Kong in 1987, Morgan Stanley has expanded to offer its complete range of products and services to clients across the region, including institutional securities, corporate finance and advisory, private wealth management and investment management.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm