Placement And Duration
The Summer Internship is a 10-week program designed to give you insight into this division and an opportunity to develop and master the analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills needed to develop an exciting and rewarding career.
What you will do
This intensive 10-week program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
Within the different business functions, Summer Analysts may take on one of the following roles:
- Desk Strategists sit on the trading desk and create models and strategies the desk will use to drive trading decisions, analyze and manage the risk of the positions currently on the books, and create pricing and market models.
- Market Modelers enhance Morgan Stanley's ability to manage risk and generate profits through the development of mathematical finance to create effective valuation and hedging models.
- Core Analytics develops domain-specific languages, algorithms, analytic libraries and tools to specify, value, trade and process financial positions.
- Model Standards and Enforcement works with strats, market modelers, the Market Risk Department and the Firm's Chief Risk Officer to set standards for the models used in valuation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are a penultimate-year student with expertise in Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or Computer Science. You have a genuine interest and understanding of the Asian financial markets.
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills are required.
- You have strong programming skills.
- You are results-focused, collaborative and possess the drive to work in an intense, team-oriented environment.
Morgan Stanley Hong Kong
The Hong Kong office is Morgan Stanley’s regional headquarters for the Asia Pacific region. Since first operating in Hong Kong in 1987, Morgan Stanley has expanded to offer its complete range of products and services to clients across the region, including institutional securities, corporate finance and advisory, private wealth management and investment management.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Mathematics, Banking and Finance, Science, Engineering,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2019, 6:00 pm