Placement And Duration
Our Summer Analyst Program is designed to provide a realistic view of Investment Banking by having Summer Analysts assume the functions of Full-time Analysts for 10 weeks. You are typically assigned to a specific group where you will work on a variety of transactions. Along the way, you will obtain a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis and deal execution. You will be expected to start learning how to market the Firm’s products and services effectively.
What you will do
This intensive 10-week program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses, followed by four days of formal classroom training on our Investment Banking Division (IBD). Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced staff through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
The work is challenging, and Summer Analysts are encouraged to roll up their sleeves, dig into financial statements and construct innovative solutions. Assignments vary depending upon group placement, but typically include:
- Analyzing financial and operating information relating to corporations and industries.
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance.
- Building models to depict projected financial results and to value companies.
- Developing marketing memoranda.
- Participating actively in the execution of financing and/or M&A transactions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study or first-year Master’s student with outstanding academics.
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic who thrives with confidence when faced with intellectual challenges.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data, manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to form effective working relationships through collaboration, strive for excellence and exhibit the highest ethical standards.
- Fluency in English is required. Asian languages are preferred in AP countries outside of Australia.
Morgan Stanley Hong Kong
The Hong Kong office is Morgan Stanley’s regional headquarters for the Asia Pacific region. Since first operating in Hong Kong in 1987, Morgan Stanley has expanded to offer its complete range of products and services to clients across the region, including institutional securities, corporate finance and advisory, private wealth management and investment management.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm