Placement And Duration
The 10-week Summer Analyst Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley Sales & Trading by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full Time Analyst. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to undertake rotations across both of our Sales & Trading divisions: Institutional Equities, Bank Resource Management and Fixed Income. The rotational programme allows interns to experience a range of roles across the divisions such as Sales, Trading and Structuring. Throughout the summer, Analysts will receive regular evaluation and feedback to support them with identifying where their skill sets are best placed. Their desk preferences are also regularly taken into consideration throughout the programme as Analysts discover new areas of interest.
What you will do
The Program begins in June with one week of intensive classroom training. This will include an introduction to Morgan Stanley followed by division-specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events. All Summer Analysts will be assigned a mentor and a buddy by way of support.
- Preplan projects to improve the productivity and efficiency of the desk.
- Shadow experienced Morgan Stanley employees to gain a broader understanding of the different functions of the desk.
- Sales: Work alongside experienced employees to learn how we build our client base and establish and maintain long-term client relationships. Assist with developing and presenting investment ideas and the fundamentals of selling and cross-selling the Firm’s products.
- Trading: Develop and execute trading ideas and analysis, and support all aspects of the market-making trade execution process, from research analytics on trades to relative value analysis.
- Structuring: Use innovative and solutions-based approach to designing both investment and risk management products across all asset classes.
- Research/Strategy: Analyze market fundamentals and liaise with researchers to develop investment recommendations for internal and external clients.
- Analytics: Provide quantitative and qualitative analytics around client revenue and profitability; work to efficiently manage commission dollars by creating increased transparency around the services that client’s value.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study with an outstanding academic record.
- You have a genuine interest and understanding of the Asian financial markets.
- Fluency in English required.
- Past work or internship business experience required.
- You are analytical, insightful, a quick learner, team player and good at multitasking, with a positive attitude.
Morgan Stanley Hong Kong
The Hong Kong office is Morgan Stanley’s regional headquarters for the Asia Pacific region. Since first operating in Hong Kong in 1987, Morgan Stanley has expanded to offer its complete range of products and services to clients across the region, including institutional securities, corporate finance and advisory, private wealth management and investment management.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm