Placement And Duration
The Technology Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program that begins in June. Summer Analysts are placed into a specific Application Development or Enterprise Engineering team. The program is designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience of what it’s like to be a technologist for a top financial firm.
What you will do
The Summer Analyst program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced colleagues through a series of networking, social, and charity events.
Application Development: Our development teams design, develop, and maintain applications used by the Firm's business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements; making system design decisions; evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software; and testing and deploying applications to production. Developing high-performing low-latency electronic trading systems across multiple asset classes, providing sophisticated risk management analytics and systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities across increasingly sophisticated products are just some of the many projects available for developers within our technical organizations.
Enterprise Engineering: Our platform-facing teams develop cutting-edge systems to run our business. Our engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for the Firm's trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. Working in small, nimble teams, the group provides applications that span the breadth of the Firm’s clients in an efficient manner. Engineering the Firm’s websites, managing the Windows plant, and developing a client reporting delivery system are some of the projects available for enterprise engineers in our organizations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are an undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. student and graduating between December 2020 and July 2021.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Software Engineering or other related technical majors preferred.
- You have experience with at least one programming language: e.g. Java, C++ or C#.
- You have operating system knowledge (Windows and Unix).
- You have experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
- You have excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- You are fluent in English.
- Experience in the Financial Services sector is not required.
Morgan Stanley Hong Kong
The Hong Kong office is Morgan Stanley’s regional headquarters for the Asia Pacific region. Since first operating in Hong Kong in 1987, Morgan Stanley has expanded to offer its complete range of products and services to clients across the region, including institutional securities, corporate finance and advisory, private wealth management and investment management.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2019, 6:00 pm