When clients need capital, Global Capital Markets (GCM) responds with market judgments and ingenuity. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley’s expertise in Sales and Trading and Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. GCM originates, structures and executes public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and noninvestment-grade debt and related products. The group provides fresh ideas and broad distribution to help clients get the most out of each stage of a transaction, and continually develops capital markets solutions to enable clients to mitigate strategic, operational, credit and market risks.
Our Industrial Placement Program is aimed at undergraduates who are either required by their degree or are able to complete a longer internship period.
The 6-month internship (Jan or Jun 2022 start depending on business needs and candidate availability) is designed to provide a realistic view of Global Capital Markets by having the interns assume the functions of Full-time Analysts.
Along the way, you will obtain a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis and deal execution. You will be expected to start learning how to market the Firm’s products and services effectively.
This intensive 6-month program includes an orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and classroom training on our Global Capital Markets (GCM). Your training will continue throughout the internship with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced staff through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
What You Will Do
The work is challenging, and Industrial Placement Interns are encouraged to roll up their sleeves, dig into financial statements and construct innovative solutions.
You will spend the internship in Equity Capital Markets or Fixed Income Capital Markets, building a foundation of financial skills and a solid understanding of the markets.
You will have a mentor and buddy aid in your development and to provide greater exposure to GCM and the Firm. You will be encouraged to take on responsibility quickly and help bridge various topics from new trends in the marketplace to group overviews.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2022 and July 2023.
- We will also consider applications from final year students and recent graduates (within 12 months).
- You have an ability to manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis, and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- Extraordinarily high level of motivation and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercial instinct and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Interest in developing a career in Global Capital Markets.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Business fluency in Mandarin is preferred for the program in Hong Kong.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm