Summer Analysts join us for 10 weeks in June, and are placed into a specific development or engineering teams. These teams are designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience of what it’s like to be a technologist for a top financial Firm.
Summer Analysts begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm's businesses and learn what it is like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley, followed by technical training, then direct placement into their teams.
In addition to working on a live project, program highlights include management networking events, a global team-based intern coding competition, team-building opportunities and participation in the Firm’s Giving Back initiatives.
What You Will Do
Our development teams design, develop and maintain applications used by our business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production.
Developing high-performing, low-latency electronic trading systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities are just some of the projects available for developers.
Enterprise Engineering Teams:
Our platform-facing teams develop cutting-edge systems to run our business. Our engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for the Firm’s trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. Engineering the Firm’s websites, managing the Windows plant and developing a client reporting delivery system are some of the projects available for enterprise engineers in our organizations.
Different areas you could get involved with are Network design and management, Windows Systems Administration, machine learning, Database, Data Analysis and Cybersecurity Security.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You must be studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering or other related technical majors, with a graduation date between December 2022 and July 2023.
- You possess excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Competency in at least one programming language e.g., C, C++, Java, C#, Python.
- Good technical skills, including a strong understanding of Linux /Unix and Windows, as well as experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
- Experience in the financial services sector is not required.
- Fluency in English required.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Software,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm