Strong quantitative talent is the backbone for many businesses at Morgan Stanley. Whether creating customized, complex investment solutions for clients, developing trading strategies using machine learning techniques, or collaborating with AI researchers at our Data Center of Excellence to build state-of-the-art algorithms, the quantitative expertise embodied by our team has separated us from our peers.
At Morgan Stanley, we understand that future innovation in the financial markets will be created at the intersection of technology, data and a quantitative approach. Summer Analysts/Associates will play a large role in that vision and we encourage students of all technical disciplines to showcase their toolkit and become part of our industry-leading, global franchise.
The internship is an intensive 10-week program that provides Summer Analysts/Associates the opportunity to work alongside Full-Time professionals on impactful, innovative quantitative projects.
The multi-faceted programs feature senior teach-in sessions, divisional speaker series, product area training, networking events, and community service. With individual coaching and continuous feedback, the program enables Summer Analysts/Associates to experience and understand what a long-term career with the Firm entails.
The Summer will kick off with a week-long introductory training program, alongside all Sales & Trading Summer interns, which will provide an institutional contextualization to the work that Summer Analysts/Associates will be doing through market-knowledge training, finance workshops, coding and product training.
Following the training week, Summer Analysts/Associates join their assigned Division, and continue to receive more individualized, on-the-job training on their specific desks and begin daily work and projects. Interns will have a direct manager, as well as a mentor, both of whom will act as invaluable resources to the Analysts throughout their time at Morgan Stanley.
What You Will Do
- Desk Strategists sit on the trading desk and create models and strategies the desk will use to drive trading decisions, analyze and manage the risk of the positions currently on the books, and create pricing and market models.
- Market Modelers enhance Morgan Stanley's ability to manage risk and generate profits through the development of mathematical finance to create effective valuation and hedging models.
- Core Analytics develops domain-specific languages, algorithms, analytic libraries and tools to specify, value, trade and process financial positions.
- Model Standards and Enforcement works with strats, market modelers, the Market Risk Department and the Firm's Chief Risk Officer to set standards for the models used in valuation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or an additional one year Master’s program with a technical proficiency in areas such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, Financial Math, and Engineering or a related quantitative field.
- Your expected graduation date is between October 2023 and July 2024.
- While no prior knowledge of finance or trading is required, you must have a keen interest in finance and markets.
- You are familiar with coding languages such as Python, Q, R, SQL, or VBA, C++, Java, Matlab, or Scala.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy solving complex problems that require deep analytical reasoning and quantitative analysis.
- You are collaborative, a quick learner, a team player, adaptable, versatile, a multi-tasker and possess a strong work ethic.
- Fluency in English required, and Asian language skills preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2022, 6:00 pm