Be part of our centre of excellence for niche and specialist skills such as battery energy storage with projects around the world with a focus in Asia Pacific.
Aspirations for a career in the Energy sector? Do you have an affinity for (electro-chemical) energy storage, control systems, renewable energy and/or power systems? Open to graduates in Singapore, Japan & South Korea.
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and marketplaces in which we operate.
Mott MacDonald has been proudly working on major low carbon and renewable projects including battery energy storage projects in the region. With the world turning away from fossil fuels, and transitioning towards renewable energy, we are playing an important role in enabling greater penetration of renewable energy into the power grid.
With improving social outcomes in everything we do, we are making a huge contribution to society by providing clean energy, generating job opportunities and improving infrastructure to benefit local communities.
What You Will Do
As part of our multi-cultural team and you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in the delivery of battery energy storage system (BESS) related projects globally, with an immediate focus on the Asia Pacific region. From microgrids to utility scale energy storage, often in collaboration with our renewable energy team.
- Support delivery of other renewable energy projects such as solar PV, wind energy and others, especially on projects with co-located energy storage.
- Be responsible for project delivery with guidance from highly experienced team members.
- Develop problem-solving approaches, formulate expert opinions, and perform engineering tasks, such as modelling and simulation of BESS projects, development of technical specifications and supporting clients through all phases of project development with technical expertise.
- Develop and maintain our knowledge base of current technical standards and practices.
- Support in driving our digital strategy within the Energy sector.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Master’s Degree, in either Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Preferably with a specialization in Power Systems, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Energy Technology and/or Electrochemical Engineering.
- A good academic record with an affinity for (electro-chemical) energy storage, control systems, renewable energy and/or power systems.
- Knowledge of one or more technical software packages and/or scripting languages is an advantage, e.g. Homer Pro/Homer Grid, DigSilent PowerFactory, PSS®E, MATLAB/Simulink, Python.
- Self-motivated with an aspiration to develop a successful career in the energy sector.
- Team player, analytical, responsible with a learning mindset.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication & presentation skills with the ability to work independently when required.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Electrical
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:18th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm