Mott MacDonald has been proudly working on major low carbon and renewable projects including battery energy storage projects in the region. With the world turning away from fossil fuels, and transitioning towards renewable energy, we are playing an important role in enabling greater penetration of renewable energy into the power grid. With improving social outcomes in everything we do, we are making huge contributions to the societies by providing clean energy, generating job opportunities and improve infrastructures to benefit local communities.
Our team in Singapore is the center of excellence for niche and specialist skills such as battery energy storage projects with projects located around the world with a focus in Asia Pacific.
What You Will Do
You will be part of a multi-cultural team and your role is expected to:
- Be involved in the delivery of battery energy storage system (BESS) related projects globally, with an immediate focus on the Asia Pacific region. From microgrids to utility scale energy storage, often in collaboration with our renewable energy team.
Support delivery of other renewable energy projects such as solar PV, wind energy and others, especially on projects with co-located energy storage.
- Be responsible for project delivery with guidance from highly experienced team members.
- Develop problem-solving approaches, formulate expert opinions, and perform engineering tasks, such as modelling and simulation of BESS projects, development of technical specifications and supporting Clients through all phases of project development with technical expertise.
- Develop and maintain our knowledge base of current technical standards and practices.
- Support in driving our digital strategy within the Energy sector.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a recognized Master’s Degree, in either Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Preferably with a specialization in power systems, renewable energy, sustainable energy technology and/or electrochemical engineering.
- A good academic record with an affinity for (electro-chemical) energy storage, control systems, renewable energy and/or power systems.
- Knowledge of one or more technical software packages and/or scripting languages is an advantage, for example Homer Pro / Homer Grid, DigSilent PowerFactory, PSS®E, MATLAB/Simulink, Python.
- Self-motivated, analytical, responsible and willing to learn.
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills, with the ability to work independently when required.
- Aspiration to develop a successful career in the energy sector.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:7th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm