For more than a century, our Company has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, it continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Our Singapore IT Hub:
Established in 2015, our Company’s Singapore IT Hub aims to harness digital solutions for better business outcomes. One of its key focuses is in using analytics and data science to guide better decision-making.
Home to more than 300 employees with over 20 nationalities, the Singapore IT Hub is part of a global network, with sister hubs located in the United States and Czech Republic. In Singapore, the hub houses a wide span of IT capabilities teams ranging from Data Science, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity & Risk Management to Enterprise Platforms and many more. Across Japan, China and the Asia Pacific region, the hub works closely with colleagues from all divisions of the company to drive our core business.
The Foundational Data & Analytics team comprises approximately 120 diverse and high performing data science professionals located in three IT hubs in the United States, Prague, and Singapore. It brings advanced methods such as machine learning, statistical modelling, optimization, mathematical modelling, and data mining to the company both through consulting style projects and data product development.
The team is a rapidly evolving organization specializing in applying data science across the company, with its current footprint ranging across domains such as Real-World Evidence, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance, Market Research and Commercial.
This team values curiosity, quality, and collaboration. In Singapore, the Decision Sciences team focuses on data science consulting and decision support work underpinned with statistical inference and data modelling skills. The AI and Data Products team takes a product view on AI and automation technologies such as machine learning, NLP, machine vision and RPA. The team builds and deploys models and intelligent agents across the enterprise.
What You Will Do
The intern will be part of Big data solutions team in our Singapore office responsible for developing solutions/applications that deal with bigdata and complex processing within the organization.
The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in global key projects within the organization with hands-on experience and mentorship by the subject matter experts. Depending on the projects involved, the candidate will have the opportunity to understand the pharmaceutical industry for human health and animal health from business operation, supply chain management and digital transformation.
We are proposing different options of scope for the candidate, these will be discussed and one selected depending on the combination of the candidate’s skills, interest and our business need at the time of the internship commencement:
- Build tools to track Business Key Performance Indicators for our global business programs - Be involved with a team spread between Singapore, US and Prague, working collaboratively across different time zones. The candidate will be mentored by leaders in developing data processing IT process and dashboard visualization reports from various fields of data, both internal and external. Depending on scope assigned, the candidate may be exposed to multiple technologies, including cloud IT solutions.
- Become a Data Engineer - Join a small team of data engineers and analysts who are experts in bigdata engineering and build bigdata applications. The candidate will be trained with basic data processing/engineering skills, along with basics of knowing the infrastructure that supports underlying needs. Candidate will be exposed to basics of SQL, Python, and some important AWS services.
- Help to maximize access to our medicine by analyzing and tracking business financial decisions - The candidate will be exposed to building data warehouse models, development of data processing and visualizations to give users insight into business performance, enable fact-based decisions, and communicate opportunities for sustained improvement, working closely with existing enterprise IT platform, data science, analytics and business teams.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and strong logical thinking.
- Able to work independently and as a team member in a collaborative environment.
- Flexible working hours arrangement to accommodate cross collaboration between peers from different time zone. Might be required to participate in virtual calls beyond working hours with overseas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a must.
- Proven documentation skills capturing business requirements, reports or similar documents.
- Basic understanding of database management e.g., database design.
- Basic understanding and past hands-on experience of SQL or Python.
- Advantage to have basic understanding of one of the scripting languages – R, Python, Linux, Java or similar.
- Advantage to have basic exposure to AWS services.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing for Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Information Technology
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm