For more than a century, our Company has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, it continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Established in 2015, our Company’s Singapore IT Hub aims to harness digital solutions for better business outcomes. One of its key focuses is in using analytics and data science to guide better decision-making. Home to more than 300 employees with over 20 nationalities, the Singapore IT Hub is part of a global network, with sister hubs located in the United States and Czech Republic.
In Singapore, the hub houses a wide span of IT capabilities teams ranging from Data Science, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity & Risk Management to Enterprise Platforms and many more. Across Japan, China and the Asia Pacific region, the hub works closely with colleagues from all divisions of the company to drive our core business.
The Foundational Data & Analytics team comprises approximately 120 diverse and high performing data science professionals located in three IT hubs in the United States, Prague, and Singapore. The GDSC brings advanced methods such as machine learning, statistical modelling, optimization, mathematical modelling, and data mining to the company both through consulting style projects and data product development.
The team is a rapidly evolving organization specializing in applying data science across the company, with its current footprint ranging across domains such as Real-World Evidence, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance, Market Research and Commercial.
The team values are curiosity, quality, and collaboration. In Singapore, the Decision Sciences team focuses on data science consulting and decision support work underpinned with statistical inference and data modelling skills. The AI and Data Products team takes a product view on AI and automation technologies such as machine learning, NLP, machine vision and RPA. The team builds and deploys models and intelligent agents across the enterprise.
What You Will Do
The intern will be based in Singapore’s office and be part of the Advanced Data Analytics (ADA) platform team. The ADA cloud-based enterprise platform enables data scientists within the company to leverage fully managed cloud services for analytics development and deployment. The intern will provide technical support to users of the platform and be involved in developing new platform features and capabilities.
The candidate will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in market-leading data science cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and DataBricks, as well as engage regional markets to onboard, consult and train platform users. The candidate will also get to learn and understand end-to-end data science workflow and solution architecture design for data science products.
Details of Main Duties:
- Onboarding new user groups into ADA platform, provide initial advice/support, collect feedback from existing user groups and identify what additional AWS tools might be useful to implement in ADA environment.
- Work with technical delivery team to develop and test new platform features based on additional AWS tools.
- Self-learning of what can be done in AWS ecosystem, frequent collaboration with the ADA technical delivery team on exploring and resolving user needs
- Defining best practices and methodology in Data Science space within the Company, building tutorials, templates, preparing trainings and learning sessions
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and strong logical thinking.
- Able to work independently and as a team member in a collaborative environment.
- Flexible working hours arrangement to accommodate cross collaboration between peers from different time zone. Might be required to participate in virtual calls beyond working hours with overseas colleagues.
- Good documentation skills to prepare user guides, training manuals.
- Self-driven in learning, able to find creative technical solutions.
- Basic understanding and hands-on experience in one of the scripting languages – R, Python or Linux.
- Advantage to have basic exposure to cloud computing technologies – AWS, Azure or similar.
- Advantage to have basic understanding of data science workflow.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Closing Date:11th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm